Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Current Crush: Modern Lighting

I hope everyone had a safe and relaxing labor day weekend!  These days I find myself crushing on traditional interiors layered with modern light fixtures.  I think it adds the perfect amount of juxtaposition and is a great way to infuse a mix of styles.


Here is an example of one of Lindsey Adelman's bubble light fixtures.  I love the geometrical shapes and the contrast it creates in this traditional entry way.  It is so unexpected which I love.  On a side note, I would love to see a persian rug in this entry way!


Another example of Lindsey's fixture used in Carrie and Big's apartment in the movie, Sex in the City 2.  I really like the idea of using something unexpected like this in the entry way to tell visitors they're in for a real treat when they come into your home.  


Here is a shot of Laura Day's living room in her Madison Avenue apartment.  I love her floor lamp to the left of the traditional english roll arm sofa.  It keeps things interesting and edgy.  


Look closely, but I like how Ashley Putman used a modern DWR fixture in her entry way which is surrounded by such classical and timeless pieces.  

In one of my favorite kitchens, Sasha Seymour uses a retro light fixture above the fireplace which looks amazing with the brass hardware.  She got her light from zig zag - mod furnishings!  Awesome retroesque lighting at affordable prices!

So, do you like this look?  Or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment